- Вестарбайтеры: В Европе возникают новые, непривычные направления трудовой миграции bit.ly/16YPUWf 2 hours ago
- RT @AP: MORE: No deaths, but three people sent to area hospitals after bridge collapse: apne.ws/16Yi83b -MS 4 hours ago
- the "drug" flower #Armenia #nature instagram.com/p/Zrm81FLEMP/ 4 hours ago
Follow Ditord blog on…
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- 816,313 visits
Tag Archives: Bush
The 29-year-old journalist Muntazer al-Zaidy from “Al Badgadia” TV, threw his shoes at the US President George W. Bush at a press conference in Iraq. Even though the journalist missed his target, he did, however, become the center of attention throughout the world. The story of flying shoes along with the accompanying video circled around the Armenian blogosphere as well.
Reporter_arm was perhaps the first to react to the news.
Have you seen how a show is thrown at Bush in Baghdad, at a press conference? And Bush reacts with impressive agility, ducking down from the shoe thrown at him!
smbatgogyan shares additional details.
During a press conferenece the Iraqi journalist hurled his shoes at Bush, shouting “It is the farewell kiss, you dog!” Let me note, that ‘dog’ is one of the very serious insults in Iraq, they call ‘dog’ those people who they truly despise. At any rate, we can state the following:
1. The Iraqi journalist had only a pair of shoes (which is a pity, otherwise it might have been more exciting).
2. Bush has very good instinct when it comes to avoiding objects hurled at him.
aramanoogian is upset about the fact, that the journalist missed his target:
Bush was uninjured thanks to his natural instinct as a Texan who jumps back when shoeing a horse or dodges flying shoes from his wife Laura.
As for the reporter, he should be hung from the gallows for missing his target twice.
I wonder if at future news conferences they will issue slippers to the attendees?
armish1informs, that a rich businessman from Saudy Arabia has offered to pay a huge amount – 10 million dollars for the shoes hurled at Bush. Unfotunately, armish1says, the fate of the shoes in so far not known. The journalist, on the other hand, will definately be tried in court.
Download the Armenian language podcast of this entry from hereor listen to it online by clicking the player icon below.