Another issue of the 2007 Parliamanetary Election Monitor was posted on the CRD / TI Election Monitor Blog today – focusing on all major developments of the last week. Here are some of the issues covered by this issue of the Election Monitor:
- News regarding the high cost of political advertising slots through the broadcast media;
- RFE/RL reports that some regional TV stations say they will not air political advertising any at all;
- Armenia Now reports about the Heritage Party founded and chaired by U.S. born former Foreign Minister Raffi Hovannisyan – who says that they have been deprived of airtime for some time.
- The discussen stirred around hopes of the Minister of Justice, David Harutyuntyan to run for the parliament on the proportional list of the ruling Republican Party.
- Attacks on the vehicles of newspaper editors concentrating on the ArmeniaNow article covering the Friday incident of arson attack on the SUV of Ara Saghatelian – editor of “Im Iravunke” weekly and owner of online newspaper “Panorama.am”.
- Discussions about implied or obvious corruption among potential candidates for parliament: Gagik Tsarukyan, Aleksandr Sarkisyan and David Harutyunyan.
- Nazarian’s comments about the new political movement established in Armenia, Aylntrank (The Alternative) and the country development perspectives shared by the blogger.
For a much detailed discussion of all of the above and more visit the CRD / TI Election Monitor Blog.