- The Cost of Corruption
- Armenia to surpass Azerbaijan and Georgia by GDP per capita. IMF
- A Facebook user detained on pretext of "endangering national security" in Armenia
- Record number of passengers in Yerevan airport; new, affordable flight routs to Armenia
- Armenia Issues A Statement on Developments in Baghdad
Photo via Aramazd.
In the age of inflation figured don’t matter anymore, do they? In order to get the idea of how many people attended a rally in Armenia one has to read through half a dozen newspapers, have a good understanding of who owns which one, do some complex math and get a figure which is close to reality. Thus, having done all the aforementioned operations, I have concluded, that the joint rally of 3 Armenian opposition forces: Impeachment, Republic and New Times has had the participation of 8,000 people.
Looking at the Armenian blogosphere, we get the following figures:
- more than 10.000… – Bekaisa
- The joint opposition rally was similarly impressive with several thousand people in attendance. – Oneworld Multimedia
- 10 thousand, if not more – Kornelij Glas (which was obviously bored to death at the rally as he explains in his post)
- Definately 10,000 – says Aramazd (but he’s way too biased to be taken seriously)
However, the best response to this number speculation was made by Bekaisa:
But, frankly, never mind – doesn’t matter how many people were there yesterday, it is much more inportant how many will come by 12-13 May…