- The Cost of Corruption
- Armenia to surpass Azerbaijan and Georgia by GDP per capita. IMF
- A Facebook user detained on pretext of "endangering national security" in Armenia
- Record number of passengers in Yerevan airport; new, affordable flight routs to Armenia
- Armenia Issues A Statement on Developments in Baghdad
I don’t know what is the matter with Armenians and numbers, but if you have a mobile phone or a car, it just has to have a “cool number“, otherwise you’re not a real “APE” (bro), which is like really scarry 😉
It is hard to classify all the modes of this obsession, but here are some basics.
1. Repeated digits – repetition is the “mother of learning”!
2. A lot of zero’s – and not only on the car, but also in the bank account…
3. Ascending or Descending orders – easy to remember!
4. 02-s: used to mean that the owner of the car has connections with the police, so police were not supposed to stop your car.
5. 444 / 777 / 666 – you belong to one of the oligarch clans, I still haven’t figures out which one is which.
So anyway, the picture with this post is the result of 3 minute stroll down the street across my office: its harder to find a car without the cool number then vice versa these days, so I guess I’m gonna change mine to a simple number (right now it is 45LS654).