- The Cost of Corruption
- Armenia to surpass Azerbaijan and Georgia by GDP per capita. IMF
- A Facebook user detained on pretext of "endangering national security" in Armenia
- Record number of passengers in Yerevan airport; new, affordable flight routs to Armenia
- Armenia Issues A Statement on Developments in Baghdad
I just watched a DVD put in circulation against Levon Ter-Petrossian – with mixed feelings, but the end result was that of disgust. The DVD containing 3 parts:
- First part contains an utterly disgusting material – made up of total crap! The material claims that Levon Ter-Petrossian’s father was a KGB agent and used to be called Traitor Hakob in Syria, and that his grandfather was a Village Mayor in Musa Ler who was constantly cooperating with Turks. It further claims, that Ter-Petrossian’s real father is a wealthy Turk, and not the above mentioned Traitor Hakob and a lot more crap in the same key. The unofficial “Armenian Nationalist Youth Movement” assumes responsibility for the material. I can add – that this is perhaps the most disgusting thing I’ve seen in this campaign so far – really utterly disgusting.
- The second part consists of some of the materials published on Uzogh’s blog several days ago. I must say, that the sections Uzogh has published on his blog are quite ok – in fact, I find it useful to remind everybody, what crimes have been committed against the Armenian nation with silent consent, or perhaps, even direct order of now presidential candidate Levon Ter-Petrossian. I find it horrible, that this man – Ter-Petrossian is continuously remembering Vano Siradeghyan, with fond words and calling him a great writer.
- The third part has someone calling himself a former KGB agent, who claims, that October 27 was organized by Levon Ter-Petrossian – this one is just so out of the way, that I couldn’t keep my laughter.
This DVD is apparently being distributed in response to the DVD containing compromising material against Serzh Sargsyan and Robert Kocharyan, that the LTP supporters have been giving out since October 2007. At any rate, I find this one, and the material in the First Part as described above totally morally wrong… going any futher in describing the creators would make me use improper wording, so I’ll stop. Let me just add, that although the materials on the DVD contain stuff from sources like AR TV, A1+, etc., I have reasons to believe, that it was edited and produced at Yerkir-Media studio. Adding to that the unofficial “Armenian Nationalist Youth Movement” – which sounds pretty Dashnak to me – has made me so utterly disappointed in my favorite ARF-Dashnaktsutyun, that I am now totally lost. This is just not a way to do a proper campaign!