- The Cost of Corruption
- Armenia to surpass Azerbaijan and Georgia by GDP per capita. IMF
- A Facebook user detained on pretext of "endangering national security" in Armenia
- Record number of passengers in Yerevan airport; new, affordable flight routs to Armenia
- Armenia Issues A Statement on Developments in Baghdad
In the first half of the year 2,600 jobs were created in Armenia according to the Armenian Ministry of Economic Development and Investments.
Armen Eganian, head of the Ministry’s Sectoral Economic Policy Department gave the following breakdown speaking with “Armenpress.”
- “Tavush Textile” – 200-250 jobs (Artsvaberd, Choratan, Movses communities)
- “Alex Textile” – 300 jobs in a new production plant (creation of 500-600 more expected this year)
- Beer Factory in Dilijan and job growth in alcohol and beverages sector – around 2000 (around 7000 expected this year).
According to the official Jobs report published by the State Statistical Service, there are 228,400 job seekers in the market, so at the job creation rates reported above the Armenian government will need 90 year to remove jobless rate.
Meanwhile, Armenian IT industry is looking to fill more than 2,000 vacancies, but here are not enough qualified candidates.