- The Cost of Corruption
- Armenia to surpass Azerbaijan and Georgia by GDP per capita. IMF
- A Facebook user detained on pretext of "endangering national security" in Armenia
- Record number of passengers in Yerevan airport; new, affordable flight routs to Armenia
- Armenia Issues A Statement on Developments in Baghdad
Sixty-nine percent of Armenian households have a computer, and the same proportion have an internet connection, according to the new survey published by the National Statistics service.
The “2015-16 Demographic and Health Survey” is packed with other interesting data on Armenian households as well. For starters, here are some indicators I’m more interested in:
- >99% own a television
- 96% own a mobile phone
- 48% of rural households own a car or truck
- 34% of urban households own a car or truck
It is interesting to compare the data about computer ownership to the Caucasus Barometer 2015 Armenia dataset, which shows that 57% of Armenian households owns computer. Notice, that the National Statistics Service’s data is for 2016 and while its highly unlikely that computer ownership would grow by 12% in one year, the two studies tell us one thing clearly, a LOT of households own a computer.